View Single Post
Old 04-10-2020, 05:00 PM   #197
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIJB#19 View Post
This really appears to be a time where not only everybody is feeling bad about what's happening at any degree between boredom and claustrophobia, but instead of a "shut up, we're all feeling that way" I think the acceptance and empathy for how emotionally challenging it is to be 'locked up' is increasing.

You ain't wrong.

I've mentioned this thread to a few non-FOFC friends, as a kind of exemplar of what can be accomplished online.

We're an imperfect lot around here, at any given normal moment probably 1/3rd of us are ready to strangle another 1/3rd of us ... but not in this thread.

Here? We're all bobbing around in the same icy North Atlantic waters, and we're doing what we can to pull each other into a lifeboat. I'm not looking to see who I'm dragging in, just get in the boat, it's too dark to be particular.
I may reserve the option of whacking you over the head as we head up the gangplank once we're rescued but there's time for that later.

For the time being? Let's just get everybody in the boat and keep 'em there.

And, HEY, you there ... NO DIVING !