View Single Post
Old 05-12-2020, 01:11 AM   #129
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
How'd you guys do?

Mixed bag for me across my 3 schools:

Utah: Didn't experience some of the issues other big schools did this year, but that was with only 3 scholarships on offer and not really having many needs with 5 returning starters. I swung for the fences on some 5* and 4* guys, surprisingly landed a top 10 5* recruit C and another top 75 4* big. However promised both of them starting roles, and return two starters in the frontcourt from last season, so probably going to piss at least someone off and I'll lose a player or two to transfers next offseason.

Columbia: Coming off 5 wins and a fairly empty cupboard as far as talent goes. Landed my top overall target in PG Kris Poster (3* #143), and another key target in PF Devon Willis (3* #343), but after those guys it was a couple of 3rd or 4th options at PG/SF/C after missing out on guys. The Ivy League 3.0 GPA restriction is fun but brutal, as so many Ivy teams were all in on the same guys. I targeted one-dimensional scorers basically (Poster and Willis aside) as they tended to have less heat on them than the more rounded guys as you'd expect. Don't know if it will lead to wins, but I think Columbia was my most successful school as far as exceeding the expectations I had going in.

Northwestern State: This has been brutal. Last two seasons I've fed on mid-tier 3* guys or hidden gem 2* players that scout as 2.5/3.5 stars, but with the growth of human ADs these guys were swarmed with offers early on. I've ended up with almost entirely 4th/5th/6th options across all positions except one very undersized PF/C, and did a late veer towards the one-dimensional offensive players ala Columbia just to snag some signings. I'll still be riding heavily on the underclassmen I've recruited over the last two seasons so it's not the end of the world, but I'm going to take a different approach with my Very Low prestige school next recruiting phase.

Last edited by Groundhog : 05-12-2020 at 01:12 AM.
Groundhog is offline   Reply With Quote