View Single Post
Old 05-19-2020, 03:49 PM   #459
rjolley
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Let's just go ahead and stipulate that the veracity of the poll can be questioned due to the results matching the desired outcome of the group that paid for it ... but there it is regardless.

My own suspicion is that the results aren't so much due to the experiences with learning from home as much as they are a reflection of the attitude of parents toward the lockdown itself, an increased mistrust of anything related to government.

Right now, we're on the side of caution and have asked what our options are w.r.t. school in the fall. All of the new info coming out about the odd diseases potentially related to COVID-19 in kids is concerning. That's not the way we want to go, but feel it's something we can do to help keep them safe. As we get closer to schools opening, we'll reevaluate that position.

And I agree, homeschooling is for the birds. Our kids are pretty good with doing their work, but there's still a lot of interaction from us that needs to be done to get the work completed.

Also, we're also following the vaccine trials closely. I can't see getting it early to be a guinea pig. Too many cases of rushed medications having unforeseen long-term consequences.

Last edited by rjolley : 05-19-2020 at 03:51 PM.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote