View Single Post
Old 06-04-2020, 11:04 PM   #476
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
So thanks to, umm, that other thread I posted in earlier, my mental health cycling in the past few weeks probably makes a little more sense

But today DID have something that was definitely good for my state of mind: first time to walk in and have lunch at a former go-to spot in about 23 years give or take.

Just a local dive that was down the block from our old office many years ago. About all that's changed was the permanent smoke cloud that hovered over the bar, and some additional interior lighting, and the switch from booths to tables. Otherwise though, it was still a damned good burger and still some of the best fried mozz sticks I've had anywhere.

And a great discussion with Will about how what his life -- in Athens as well as his years in Oxford -- lacked was enough places like this one "where normal people go do normal things ... 'cause neither town has much in the way of normal people".

That eventually translated into how both of "his" towns had really lacked any sort of serious "neighborhood vibe" kinda joints, that neither town was the sort of place where there was a lot of "Hey Norm" going to take place.

Good food, laid back meal, it was just ... mentally healthy.

FWIW, hang in there. I know I can't really appreciate what you guys are going through but do wish you & yours the best. Hope your son is doing good also.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote