View Single Post
Old 06-25-2020, 03:44 AM   #498
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
In good news, I think I finally won a years long battle with a clogged floor drain. I probably should have called someone 14 bottles of drain-o ago. The other night I was elbow deep trying to figure out why it wasn’t going down. I ended up pulling out 2 fist sized chunks of white death that looked like blue cheese. And it still was barely draining. And of course nothing being open 24/7 meant that I couldn’t even go and get a snake or a new plunger til the morning. Like Wal Mart has to go back to 24 hour service. They’ve killed every other business in the world. 8:30pm ain’t cutting it. Anyways the next day I grabbed some CO2 powered death machine plunger thing and some drain clearing granules and I’m thinking merry Christmas the war is over.

I had a long term fight with the 3rd bathroom down in our basement. it hasn't drained properly in 15 years.

Finally I got the room completely cleaned out, opened the floor drain, removed the toilet and sink completely and filled the drains with hydraulic cement (with something blocking the exits so it wouldn't just flop down the pipe)

since then, no water, no muck from our main floor disposal backing up, just nice dry basement.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote