Thread: F*^$ Cancer
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2020, 01:50 PM   #369
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Yeah what spleen said Jon. You certainly need places to vent and far better here than at home. So no worries there.

Not sure if I missed this in your responses, but can you find a support group for people who have dealt with this specific kind of cancer before? They can maybe clue you in on what to expect, what didn't work, etc.

We have wonderful options very nearby ... unfortunately they've basically locked their doors during Covid

You hit on my #1 priority from yesterday's session though,to leave there with SOME guidance toward options in that area. And I stuck my big ol' mouth right in the middle of the pre-doctor consultation (where the underling comes in to go through their checklist) to ask for any & all help they could give us.

And though their usual channels (groups, etc) are similarly limited at the moment, they were able to give us contact info for a psych (ologist? itrist? I'm uncertain, but whatever) that specializes in helping patients deal with diagnosis and treatment.

My wife has that number now and isn't afraid to use it (once we get through the next few days of rearranging the kid insanity)