View Single Post
Old 08-10-2020, 12:40 PM   #87
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Already saw something about the NFL watching this play out very closely for that reason.

Are these season cancellations being announced or are they going to try to play a season in the spring and then another in the fall next year? It'd be kind of funny if everybody EXCEPT the SEC was playing the spring - if the SEC powers ahead in the fall. Maybe they'd try to sneak in a bonus season. It'd be fitting if during a historical pandemic, the SEC somehow managed 3 seasons in 2 years.

It feels like March when the dominoes were falling with sports. I think the NFL will give it a shot, and I'm hopeful things may be have leveled off COVID-wise in the U.S., but with the uncertainty on campuses, I can't imagine college basketball is going to be unscathed. We could be looking at 2 years with out an NCAA tournament (at least).

It seems like I was dead wrong about my college football prediction but what the hell here is one for college basketball. I can see them having regional tournaments/games similar to Maui Invitational and the Coaches vs Cancer. After that they will just straight into conference play.

I think MLS is starting back up in their home markets this week so let’s see what it looks. Maybe they have learned something from that experience that will translate.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote