View Single Post
Old 08-11-2020, 03:46 PM   #122
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I'm not THAT kind of lawyer, so I don't quite understand - how could anyone ever prove where they got COVID unless they were quarantined outside of the activity in question?

I guess this will all be sorted out in the months and years to come. But causation is often a stumbling block for plaintiffs. For example, there was all of the old pro wrestlers who sued the WWE over their concussion symptoms, but all had worked with other wrestling companies, so none could tie their symptoms to WWE negligence. With COVID, causation seems even more tenuous. You don't have to have been in another risky situation, you just had to maybe go to the supermarket or live in society to be infected, like some huge number of the population - millions upon millions. Maybe 30% of the population or more.

I'm guessing they would argue that the one activity that is advised against by the medical community is what likely caused the transmission. Maybe the schools win but lawyers are clearly worried enough to talk schools into shutting down a billion dollar industry.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote