View Single Post
Old 08-11-2020, 06:40 PM   #134
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
What makes the Big 12 so important in all of this?
I think the argument is that they're the fulcrum for legitimacy - SEC & ACC want to play (/are in areas people want them to play), B1G & PAC aren't. And if the demographics of the fan base matter I think the Big 12 will try to make it work. Notre Dame already is an interesting outlier - I don't think Ohio State's President would let them anyways, but I also wonder if that's why they are officially only postponing until the spring instead of cancelling the season - with a full cancellation now a specific school (like Ohio State who are title contenders every year) would have more leverage if they wanted to play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
I still can't see how this plays out. With two major conferences not playing at least till spring, this is just basically an exhibition season if the SEC and the ACC plays in the fall.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Nah, if SEC/B12/ACC play that's the realer of the 2 seasons. Would B10/P12 really play glorified exhibitions in the spring unless vaccines are out & the risks are over? How does that even work with NFL draft prospects?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
There exist neither enough faces nor palms on this planet to adequately respond to this...

Despite the time stamp on that tweet Lou said that a couple weeks ago. I just love that Lou Holth is still out there - he's like 90, let him live!
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote