View Single Post
Old 08-14-2020, 08:22 AM   #144
HerRealName
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I've always had a slightly different take on this, in that the team group dynamic/on-field spread is certainly a concern, but it's only a real concern in conjunction with the return of all students to campus. Right now, most teams have been in a 45 day bubble. Some have had minor outbreaks and shut down to deal with it. But what happens when 20K+ students show up, parties are going on, etc.?

There doesn't need to be a single bit of spread within the team or between teams on the field for a bunch of players to get it, forcing quarantine - not to mention the potential for any complications that might occur (lung/heart, etc.).

It seems to me that is (or should be) the larger concern. Can you really contain football teams in something approximating a bubble, when they are surrounded by other 20 year olds, travelling out of state, staying in hotels, etc. You don't need spread just from football activities to force a shut down.

Do you have a good feel for what is going on with Florida State? I can't tell if there are players secretly coming down with Covid or if there is something else causing a few player complaints.
HerRealName is offline   Reply With Quote