View Single Post
Old 08-23-2020, 06:04 AM   #73
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
That makes sense, as while both of those are good songs, my only criticism of it is that it feels like a couple of songs too long. Not that any of them are bad, just one or two too many tracks.

The majority of the album just makes me smile and feel good, which is a gift given everything else that is going on atm

Yeah, 16 tracks is a reach for virtually any artist at this point.

Not sure why they didn't go with the increasingly common approach of 12 songs, then a subsequent release of a "bonus edition" that stretches it to 16 tracks.

I'd been somewhat confused about that until an artist explained to me that it has to do with gaming the system at Spotify. (Apparently no album is allowed to have more than three tracks from a release get "featured" status on the platform ... but an amended release counts as a separate entity and effectively resets their counter and usually contains at least the intended 4th single as part of the "bonus" content)