Thread: Learned League
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2020, 12:03 PM   #177
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Drachma View Post
What I always tell people is don't play defense based on what you would get wrong, score based on someone relatively well-informed but not too much. It's a crapshoot in rookie rundle, but...I figured it out about halfway through my rookie season, you just have to defend against layups and ensure that whenever they get a 3 pointer, it's well earned.

Definitely agree with this, speaking for myself as someone who has too many categories where I am just completely clueless, my biggest failing in defense is when I am unable to recognize that a question is decently well known by folks at a general level - maybe not a layup (but sometimes, yes), but you know an 8 foot jumper in a category where I can't even make the layups. If I ever take this serious enough to start studying, that's the thing that would immediately let me promote from D to C, is bumping up my minimal level of knowledge in art, food/drink, opera, theater and the like to recognize when something might be more common knowledge, even if I can't pull the answer myself, to defend it better.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote