View Single Post
Old 09-05-2020, 10:02 PM   #489
cuervo72
Head Coach

We're having issues with DirecTV. Our HR22 and HR24 are both on their last legs, so I called up for replacements (this was about a month ago). New ones came in a couple days - a Genie and a Genie Mini. I had offered to install myself, but this wouldn't work -- Genies need a different (powered) multiswitch, which I don't have. (You might have figured the phone op would have realized this.)

So, we schedule a guy to come out, 12-4 window. He comes at like 6:30. Then he finds out that it's not a typical install, and he doesn't have the equipment or the time to take care of it. Say's he'll reschedule and does so...for one of the school drop-days. (I am home ALL WEEK. Picked literally the only time I couldn't be there.) Reschedule for the weekend after that, but it turns out I have to go to VT again to pick stuff up that doesn't fit in the room.

Day before that trip (last Fri), suddenly we get a 722 error. We have to reset the receiver. Try online, doesn't work. Try directly, still has the error. Ok, fine, we only have a week and we have a lot of stuff taped that we need to get through. We can watch that rather than live TV. Only we go to the list, and it says we don't have DVR service on our account. So, we can't access it.

Call up, they have to escalate but oh, the technical office is closed. I call the next morning, still nobody can fix the issue. Fine, we'll last on Hulu (basic), Netflix, whatever. Only need to make it until today, right?

Well, we had COVID tests yesterday, so the tech can't come in the house. Ok fine, dish and multiswitch are both outside, right? Nope, Genie setup requires guy to have to come in the house. This is at 8:15 or so (actually came on time). Have to reschedule again. TV, still not working.

Go outside to paint shutters (thanks for the reminder, HOA). Left my phone inside. Around 9AM got the message that I (along with everyone else) tested negative.

I don't understand why all this is so hard.

Last edited by cuervo72 : 09-05-2020 at 10:04 PM.
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote