Thread: F*^$ Cancer
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2020, 09:31 PM   #411
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Figured I'd update. Had the surgery and turns out I'm terminal, 5-12 months. Going through chemo/radiation in hopes of getting some more quality time out of it but so far it's not really taking.

Anyway, I always thought I'd be super scared but I'm not. Sad to leave of course, but overall fairly zen. I'm not one to ask why me.

Like others, I missed this a month ago. I lost my brother to cancer almost year ago now, so I do have trouble reading this thread from time to time. It’s all a bit too much.

I’m devastated to hear this. Your take on this and how at peace you are with it is really amazing. I really don’t know what else to say. It always sucks losing someone from this odd, little community. I’m just really sorry to hear this and wish the best for you and your family with whatever time you have left. If there’s ever an XCom 3, I’ll always be sure to have a “Path12” in my squad.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote