Thread: F*^$ Cancer
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2020, 09:44 AM   #412
tarcone
Coordinator

Not sure where to put this as it really isnt cancer related but I will put it here.

My best friend from HS and my 20s, the dude that knows me better than anyone and still stuck by me has some sort of disease that is wasting away his body, just shutting it down. I mean this literally. He was living in Phoenix and the doctors thought Lou Gehrigs disease. He moved back in with his Mom and is going to the University of Iowa Hospitals and clinics, which are fantastic, and they said no it is not ALS. I called him a month ago, it had been awhile since I talked to him and he said it had move to his lungs. Which means his lungs were shutting down. I called him last night and he told me the doctors have given him 4 months to live. Shit. This is my man. WTF. I am devastated. This guy was the person who saw me through the good and bad in my 20s. He was always there. Life sucks and death sucks way more.

EDIT: And the doctors, all of them, still have no idea what is going on with him. There is no diagnosis.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15

Last edited by tarcone : 09-26-2020 at 09:45 AM.
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote