View Single Post
Old 11-10-2020, 09:31 AM   #207
miami_fan
Coordinator

I just received a letter asking if we are going to continue with E-Learning or switch to brick and mortar. The tone of this letter is a lot different from the letter that was sent out and the beginning of the letter. Instead of trying to convince me how horrible keeping my son at home was. This one set upon explaining what it was safe to send him to the brick and mortar school. This one actually describes what the specific safety procedures are in the school. The lessons that they learned from the beginning of the year are also included. Not necessarily for my son, but they even are allowing high school seniors who decide to remain in E-learning to walk with their graduating class. That is a 180 degree shift from what they said at the beginning of the school year when they were told they could not.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote