View Single Post
Old 11-15-2020, 09:23 AM   #249
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
This is where I'm really concerned about Parler (or something else) and OANN (or something else) becoming the "safe spaces" for much of the right. My 2015 Rubio-ish R friends aren't going to those places...yet. But the 2015 Cruz and farther right ones most certainly are--even some who didn't vote for Trump in 2020. The latter group agrees that Trump is a scumbag, but also believes that big tech and the mainstream media want to silence conservative voices, and that's why they're heading to those places. If that large of a percentage of the right ends up getting the bulk of their political information from a completely unchecked conspiracy theory echo chamber, it's seems to me only a matter of time before it becomes impossible for a Republican politician to win a primary at any level without embracing whatever nonsense is in vogue at Parler/OANN/whatever. And we know that Trump will embrace the worst level of fact-free nonsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
It's basically a giant radicalization engine

SI
SI, why say in 6 words what can be said in 159???