View Single Post
Old 11-19-2020, 06:35 AM   #47
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley View Post
True. I thought of that as I typed that post. Still feels like a stretch pick based on what their roster looks like and their needs. I would've thought a playmaking wing or a solid point guard would make more sense. I wonder if the new regime is not too high on Lauri and Williams is coming in to challenge for his spot in the next couple of years.
He didn't get a ton of chances to show it at FSU but Williams has underrated playmaking & handles. Played PG at a pretty good HS. You never know how much is real but he was getting helium on draft boards & projected as high as 4 in some mocks. (Of course Terry was getting some helium & projected late lottery by some & he fell to 31.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Draft just shows why the shit teams still suck and the Celtics draft someone like Nesmith at #14 and he’ll play meaningful minutes by next summer.
Nesmith had no playmaking & seems like a pure off ball shooter. If that shooting is elite enough it obviously plays, but it's understandable why it's more useful on a good team like the Celtics than a bad one who is trying to find foundational stars/pieces, even if their floor is much lower.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote