View Single Post
Old 11-21-2020, 08:00 AM   #241
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Wife and I come off quarantine next Friday, and I just set us up for appointments at the local Urgent Care for Saturday morning the 28th. That's the earliest date they have. Just last week you could get an appointment about 3 days out. I'm sure Thanksgiving has something to with that, but I bet the drastic increase in cases is more to blame.

The news was talking about kids not coming home from college, that they should stay there, and be treated like visitors if they do come home. Meanwhile the college is basically shutting down for the year. So leaving your kid on campus with no food options isn't really an option. The question then became for the reporter "what do families do? " And I'm like, we're taking the risk, and bringing our kids home, and doing it without much support. Exit testing at the colleges would've been a great step.

That's the sort of foresight and leadership the country has been missing here. Instead we're still chasing our tails and "hoping" we've done enough, which time and time again has been proven wrong.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote