View Single Post
Old 11-25-2020, 07:04 AM   #778
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I saw something about an article yesterday but I don't care enough about how the sausage is made to read it. The more I've removed myself from going all in on favorite teams, the more I've enjoyed sports. FSU will either come back in the next decade, or it won't. Life will go on. My brother is a UF alum and knows the pain of a long rebuild. And they have money and a far larger donor base.

In all seriousness, the optics of canceling makes it look bad, but over a dozen games are being canceled every week now based on as little as a single positive, so this was probably the right move. It also has the side benefit of eliminating another embarrassing loss.

Look this whole FSU canceled because they didn't want to be embarrassed on TV stuff is stupid. Have you watched FSU this season, they've been embarrassed in almost every loss already. One more isn't going to make a difference. Also, FSU is hurting bad for money. They were before COVID and now are drowning. The Clemson game, even with limited crowds was going to mean $2 million for the school. They wouldn't turn down $2 million to avoid an ugly loss.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote