View Single Post
Old 01-03-2021, 01:40 PM   #678
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

So now it's my turn to be stressed a bit. So my wife's school district said they are going back come Hell or High water in January. The County threw out their previous standard (cases per 100k people) because it was so much higher than their bar - which seems like a really dumb thing to do.

So we immediately reached out to the daycare we registered with in October, when it seemed like school was going to start then - and then backed out when they said it wouldn't. The daycare was gracious and said, yes, we have a spot open in January, and we'll waive the registration fee since you did so in October.

Then, on 12/31, the County says oh we'll allow hardship waivers, including if you have a hardship regarding childcare. The hardship waiver will allow you to work from home virtually for 30 days.

Of course we've already, for the second time, engaged this daycare. Who on 12/31 indicated that there was someone who was exposed to Covid 19 in their twos and threes classes (sounds like one family who probably hung out with someone over Christmas) so they were going to close and deeply clean on 1/4.

So we reached out, asked for our kid to start on 1/11 because of that (which they were good with) and signed a hardship waiver for the week.

Would be more comfortable just having my wife at home for a month (and the kid as well) but we don't want to piss off this daycare that it took us a bit to find and stiff them again - as we would like to keep this place for the next few years.

So now I'm looking up covid spread in daycare and it seems very low, but this doesn't do well for my stress level.