View Single Post
Old 01-13-2021, 06:22 AM   #14
Stanley92
n00b

I need some help understanding this. Recently got FOF8 and was glad to see the roster/draft files from Wudu. My concern was on the FOF8 2002 files.
I tried to start 2002 as Texans, but found a 2nd QB missing. Tony Banks was in the csv-file (FOF8 2002.csv) but was not popping up in the roster, not even in the FA pool.

So now a try to edit and add Banks and maybe more players to the startoff file for 2002 became important.
Using the java pgm FOFDraftRosterUtil to try and do this.
I can easily open up all the csv files for the years of draft but when trying to open the roster file named FOF8 2002.csv I get this error.
Java lang execption
Error on line 1 column P : For Input string ""

Now checking up this first line
1,1,Abdullah,Rabih,3,73,224,4,27,1975,12874,3,168,28,1999,,,28,1999,,,0,
(a cutout)
That column P should perhaps be the issue after the first 1999 number.

I really wanted to fill up this 2002 roster to get enough players in the FA pool not deal with an army of fictional players for the first kick-off year. I assume the faf-file (draft-classes) include a good number of real players when one do get this save to run forward over the years.

Any suggestion on how to edit this 2002 roster setup ???

I found the PlayerFile.exe within the game at last and got a good view on all the columns. However after getting a Zero in that column P it just continued "down" the lines and when it called for "Participation percentage last year", it started to get a bit impossible. That column looked to be omitted on all players then also next one "Hall of Fame Points". It started to get overwhelming.
Basically the jar-pgm don't like empty but need a number which is now the problem at hand.
How have all you managed this ?

Last edited by Stanley92 : 01-13-2021 at 06:43 AM.
Stanley92 is offline   Reply With Quote