View Single Post
Old 10-09-2014, 02:13 PM   #19
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkn20 View Post
Thanks for that Dinasty!! I will follow you!! I was the Coach of an American Football Team with players between 14 and 38 years and it remembers me when I decided to step up and took the rains! Anxious to get the up-dates!

I hope your team wins the league and read it, maybe some of them could jump to A category and get a nice scholarship!

Thanks for reading. Just to be clear, the level of players I deal with are really on a recreative level. Above A & B are AA, BB, CC and even Midget AAA that could lead you to Major Junior (the Canadian Hockey League, cHL) from which many kids are drafted for the NHL. Kids in Midget B are in it because they love playing the game. Sometimes with younger players, they are signed up because their parents just want them to get involved in a team sport and hockey is like a religion around here, but at about 15 to 17 years of age, kids should be playing simply because they like the game.

Also, about winning the league, as much as I'd like us to get a run for it, our teams are usually middle to bottom tier teams. There are 17 teams in the league and we play a 24 games calendar. Playoffs are usually split in two with the top half teams playing the Gold playoff bracket and the bottom half playign the Bronze playoff bracket. I'd be happy if we could stick to the Gold bracket.

The other thing that would make me VERY happy is making it to regionals. That would mean a top 5 or 6 finish. The number changes from year to year depending on the host city. More on that as we get deeper into the season...

FM