View Single Post
Old 01-31-2004, 09:21 AM   #288
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Alston sends another kick off into the endzone for a touchback. Fortunately, Ole Miss isn't able to move the ball on offense again. This time, the punt rolls out of bounds at the UT48.

Another chance for screwing up by Billmaier off the board.

Thank goodness.

Play action on 1st down, and I'm hit before I know it. An OLB came around my blindside, and Prescott barely got to him. It wasn't enough, and I am dropped for a 5 yard loss. A counter to the right by Brewster gives us 4 of the yards back, but now it's 3rd and 11.

No need for play action here, so we call a drop back pass. I drop back seven steps, and heave one down the middle to Everett, who's running a post. He makes the catch and a couple of extra yards as well. Give him 20 yards and give UT a 1st down at the Ole Miss 33.

Brewster goes over left tackle for 2, and then loses a yard up the middle. On 3rd and 9, I find Kolodzik open on a crossing route, good for 22 and another 1st down at the Rebel 10 yard line.

Brewster takes a pitch left and dives for the goal line! He's pushed out at the inch line and it's now 2nd and goal...inches from the endzone. We give the ball to Brewster once again, and he leaps over the pile for another touchdown!

TOUCHDOWN, TENNESSEE!!

Alston adds the extra point.

7:46 left in the game; Tennessee 31, Ole Miss 7.