View Single Post
Old 07-10-2005, 04:22 PM   #95
DeToxRox
Head Coach

2006 NHL Entry Draft

#1 - Nashville Predators - C, Bryan Little (Saginaw, OHL) [ISS #3]

Thoughts: Looking at it now, Little might be the #1 player in the draft. He tore up the O and has a lot of very solid ratings across the board.

#2 - Carolina Hurricanes - C/RW, Phil Kessel (Minnesota, NCAA) [ISS #2]

Thoughts: Upon looking at the #'s, Frolik started worrying me. His 3 balance was a major deterent. Nolan wanted him, but my Assisstant GM and Head Scout said we should go with Kessel and I can't say I blame them.

#3 - Minnesota Wild - RW, Michael Frolik (Kladno, CZE) [ISS #1]

Thoughts: Frolik is either going to be a star or a massive bust. Technichally, his ratings are the best in the draft. Everything else however leaves a lot to be desired.

#4 - Anahiem Mighty Ducks - G, Semyon Varlamov (Kingston, OHL) [ISS #5]

Thoughts: Top goaltender prospect. Played on a horrible team in Kingston, where he was 15-29-2, but he had a GAA of 2.29 and a save % of .934 which is not bad at all for such an awful team.

#5 - Chicago Black Hawks - C/RW, Peter Mueller (US National Developmental Team) [ISS #6]

Thoughts: Maybe the top player in the draft. He had __209__ points for the US team, racking up 113 goals and 78 assists. Again though, as a whole, Kessel ranked a bit higher on my board. He was #3 to me, but I think the Hawks got a steal. A damn steal, even at #5.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote