View Single Post
Old 06-15-2022, 09:59 AM   #30
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
My wife wants to "root" for another team since the Vols are out...apparently I can't just route for them all to lose.

Most of my family are Arkansas fans, I suppose I could do that. I'm leaning more Texas or A&M. I do like Elko at Ole Miss and Sonny D out of Auburn, but I don't think much of either of those teams outside of those guys.

If you've followed him, Elko has such a Kirk Gibson vibe that he's hard not to like. Last year's injury and performance cemented him as a program legend. The antithesis of a "sit out culture" player. The rest of the team, eh, typically non-descript overall. They're definitely the solid underdog choice in remaining field (last at-large into the field, etc) so if that's her thing they're it.

Notre Dame (having eliminated UT aside) is an interesting option for unattached fans. There hasn't been a midwestern team win the CWS since Wichita State back in 1989.