View Single Post
Old 12-02-2021, 10:01 PM   #895
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
How about just admitting you don't really like baseball well enough to spend time watching it and just go do something else?

I mean, hurryhurryhurry, why not just let the game be since it's rather obviously not your thing.

I think it is time to update the game a little if we're going to play around with little bargaining chips for the CBA.

Automated strike zones can't come soon enough. It'll be a long time until "robots" can do as good a job as humans on the bases (or will matter enough to replace human umpires) but Angel Hernandez's strike zone is something we can leave in the past like those old timey gloves and the dimensions of the Polo Grounds.

Also, I love long baseball games, but game action needs to be happening. If there were an electrical shock every time a batter stepped out of the box or went to adjust his batting gloves, I'd be ok with that. Same with a pitcher walking around the mound. 14 innings, even for a meaningless regular season game: sign me up! The batter on his third straight pitch of walking out of the box to preen for 45 seconds in the 11th inning of said game? That adds nothing.

Get rid of the 7 inning doubleheaders. And GTFO with the stupid extra inning gimmick rules. I think I hate that one even more than I hate the college football OT rules, but I might be biased because the state of Kansas football renders most of my football watching farcical to begin with.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 12-02-2021 at 10:04 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote