View Single Post
Old 09-13-2017, 10:41 AM   #116
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar v2 View Post
That all makes sense to me, but UEFA and FIFA are all about the benjamins and have been for years. I just don't get the animosity against new money clubs. Do people like MIJB actually believe that Madrid, Barca, United, Bayern, Milan, etc are bastions of grassroots and ethical operations? Why is everyone throwing up such a fuss now and not 20-25 years ago? What has changed other than there are a couple more clubs at the big boys table and there is an extra zero or two at the end of transfer fees? It just reeks of racism to me. I have to say it.
There are no 'people like MIJB', there is only one MIJB.

My disenchantment isn't an animosity directed only at 'new money clubs'. The Gareth Bale transfer was silly when it happened, I've shook my head at Real Madrid more than once. The latest absurdity surrounding the Paris SG transfers have been the final straw to me.

I have no idea how long I will be able to not watch the CL or check scores. So far I have managed not to check scores of yesterday night's games, which is very unusual for my doing, for the past decades I've watched live tickers or at least checked scores at the end of the night or the next morning.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote