View Single Post
Old 09-13-2017, 12:36 PM   #118
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
I haven't watched the CL for years now: it never really over interested me, and once it went to a different subscription channel I didn't feel the need to follow.

I barely watch European competitions, they're of limited interest to me despite my obvious soccer addiction and need to stay current because of my job.

The match ups are invariably poorly balanced in group stages and even when they're close they're often meaningless because even if the heavy weights in the groups do badly they're guaranteed qualifying for the next stage in many cases.

Heck back in the days it was a proper 'Champions' only competition with knockout I can't ever remember a team fielding a weakened side for it, but that seems to be increasingly the case these days as clubs themselves appear to be losing their interest in the group stages beyond milking it as a cash cow to stumble through ... and the EUFA Cup even more so ...

It Is Time to Admit the Champions League Has Become Boring and Predictable | Bleacher Report

Liverpool escape punishment from Uefa for fielding weakened team against Real Madrid - Telegraph

Last edited by Marc Vaughan : 09-13-2017 at 12:39 PM.
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote