View Single Post
Old 12-26-2005, 04:13 PM   #10
hoopsguy
General Manager

On to the transfers - there are a couple of targets who express interest. The most attractive one is OT Jason Noa. Jason played at Purdue last year and would be a sure-fire starter for us if he can be talked into coming out west.

There is a very good TE out of Michigan, but we have depth at that position. I would rather target positions of need at this point, even if this player would elevate the overall talent on our roster.

We also take a shot at OG Matt Ours from Mississippi. He is talented enough that he would start for two seasons in LA. He wants PT, but I'm not sure he would get it next season.

We'll shoot for ILB Bernie Allen out of Virginia Tech. Not a need position, but he seems interested in playing for us and we need more quality linebackers, if not inside guys.

No dice on any of them. And at this stage there is no one with anything above low interest in playing here. We'll save our recruiting points.

As an aside, what strategies have people used with transfers? I have never landed one yet with four teams across about 10 seasons. And I really would have liked to pick one up for this flawed UCLA team.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote