View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 09:10 AM   #33
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
We're in the very early stages of looking for a wedding photographer, and to be perfectly honest, I haven't noticed a single logo. It's the actual pictures that grab us and lead to looking further into a company's site. Obviously we may very well be the exception to that.
You're absolutely right about what you're doing. In the end, it's the final product you're looking for. The quality of the photos. Because that's what you're taking home with you at the end of the day.

The logo is just another piece to present our company image. Photos are important when making the final decision. But the logo, when put on a website, brochure, business card, or watermarked on a photo, should present us as professional and creative, and not as a rag-tag bunch of guys with a camera and a trigger-happy finger. It could be the difference between us getting the job, or our business card being tossed away.

In an area that's saturated with photographers, folks here are going to look through tons of sample photos and photobooks. And eventually they're all going to look the same. I want people to remember the camera with the blue squinty smiley face for a lens. And when they look twice, they'll see the "rer" which I hope would make a deeper impression on them.