View Single Post
Old 04-15-2006, 05:13 PM   #17
Vince
Pro Starter

While I'm impressed that the league wants to make sure everyone gets a chance...isn't it going to be sort of difficult for the kids to learn a position? Each position has tons of different nuances, and if a kid is only playing an inning at a time at a certain position, it's going to be a pain to try to teach a kid to, say, turn a double play at 2B as opposed to at SS. Or to teach a kid when to cheat up in case of a bunt while playing 3B. Or for a 1B to know when to abandon a ground ball to their right to cover the bag.

When I was in little league, I was pretty much a 2nd baseman/Short Stop/Very Rarely a pitcher. Once I started moving up, I got moved to 3B, and eventually to the OF, but I never played 1B or C, and I played the same position usually throughout an entire year.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote