View Single Post
Old 04-19-2006, 11:08 PM   #32
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde
Excellent idea on JF. Hopefully it pans out!

FWIW, I'd be more inclined to agree with you than with Steve about the team morale. It seems like these kids have a passion for the game and are for the most part willing to listen to you guys about things.
I agree. I have been very happy with how willing they are to let us be the coaches, even people like TG and ES who have had extensive travel experience. My discussing pitching strategy with TG today I know has challenged him in a good way, as I don't think he's really been challenged yet to think beyond just "throw them fast strikes to get him out" much and his dad, an important guy to keep happy, will like it too.

Quote:
Too bad about BS2. Since the game didn't last to the 5th inning, I'm presuming FO didn't get to catch. Maybe you could give him some pointers on things he could work on as far as catching goes outside of practice? Nothing too complex of course, but if he has the desire to play and the work ethic to make it happen (which I don't know if he has or not obviously), then he might develop as the season goes by and become your #2 catcher.
That's actually a very good idea about FO and I'm sorry I A) Hadn't thought of it myself and B)Read it before the practice. Thanks for the idea!
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote