View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 10:55 PM   #14
cyril
Mascot

I am all for using real life personality profiles, would definitely increase the immersion factor by a lot for me. Yes, affinities and conflicts may become predictable in some way, but that's how personalities work in real life work, and all of us possess intuition on how these things work in our day to day environment, so I don't see why people need to educate themselves on the whole psychological aspect of it (if so, all the better, how many of us could use some better understanding of human relationship?)

If these could be incorporated in the game, it could only make us feel that our decisions on mixing certain players or not have more impact on the outcome, which increases enjoyment of the game. It's definitely way better than astrology and a personality that is a single score (I simply couldn't relate to a 99 personality score vs 0 personality score.)

To make player interaction less determined on the outset, maybe introduce various different factors into the equation, with different weights. That way we players would have an idea that certain players may not mix well, but because of these other factors, they could become good buddies and improve teamwork, for example.

I remember when EA Head Coach 09 came out, I am more than happy to see that each player has a personality type, albeit it's just one single word. I am happy that Jim is thinking in this direction.
cyril is offline   Reply With Quote