View Single Post
Old 09-07-2009, 07:10 PM   #22
NiteMaestro
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
While I agree strongly with gstelmack, I would also like to add, I think ideally it would be reduced a bit.

Regardless of what we think, the 3rd string OL has ZERO effect on team chemistry on Id wager a minimum of 29 NFL teams. Unless he gets in a fist fight with a star or is Eli's closet gay lover (I keed, I keed) the majority of the team doesn't even care if he is there.

I guess Id like to see it have more impact but n fewer players. Everyone has an opinion on TO, but if not for TO in Dallas last year many players would not have even noticed Jason Whitten off the field.

I have to disagree... Everyone has an impact on the team chemistry.
If that 3rd stringer for some reason just 'clicks' with the starting guys, that may be enough to move him up the depth chart, and I think that should be part of the game.
The 'best players' on the field aren't always the best guys in the league, and I think the game should reflect that.
Example? Look at the Raiders and Lions in recent history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBomb1st View Post
I don't particularly like the astrology system. I feel it is too contrived, and neither fun nor realistic. As to the responses of an unpredictable conflicts not being fun... well i guess we have different ideas of fun. Chemistry is a very important part of building a team, but you should never know exactly how guys would gel. Knowing ahead of time just ruins it for me. So contrived. I would like to see a semi-hidden system somehow. I really like MBTI. As mentioned, Head Coach 09 did this and I really feel like it gave players unique personalities that made them feel like real players to me... not just a rating number. I also think a better email system needs to be involved to give a better feel... I want a reminder/example of why I need to handle conflicts. I want to get an email about my selfish showboat WR causing trouble and walking out of practice. Its a nce aesthetic touch that would do a lot IMO. As of now it's kinda this mysterious thing where yes, I see a screen that says I have so and so conflicting but I never see any example of it in action. I say MBTI, with some sort of hidden variable, just to keep it interesting. Jim mentioned he didnt want people to be forced into studying MBTI, but unlike astrology, for the most part its common sense. People would see a few key words about their personality... to me this seems much more intuitive then an astrology chart.

While I agree with most of what you said, I think that astrology should play a minor 'wild card' role. There are cases where people should get along great according to MBTI, but for some reason cannot stand one another. No one really knows why, but for the sake of the game, blaming 'astrology' could be fun. I.E., you have two guys that should gel together well, but because one was born in the year of the snake, and the other in the year of the tiger, the first cannot stand the second constantly yelling. Meanwhile, because that 'tiger' is a Virgo, and the 'snake' a Cancer, the yeller can't figure out why the hell the other dude is so 'goddamned sensitive all the time'.

I think that'd make for interesting commentary/emails... Don't you?
NiteMaestro is offline   Reply With Quote