View Single Post
Old 11-12-2011, 01:01 PM   #257
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Reporting from a slow, old, crippled man:

I had blast on this last night. Got through Black Claw, Riverrun, and even made it to "title level" (no more hints than that) in Whiterun. Going around collecting things is a blast! First game I ever played where the big strong hero takes 20 minutes off because he was catching butterflies.

Tried making some potions (mostly ended up with poisons), cooking (seems straight forward with a cooking pot), improved some armor and even made a piece. Tanned some leather, and made leather strips. All seems pretty straight forward and fun.

Combat wise, I am a sneaky archer. I love sneaking up and hitting someone unawares with the big multiplier. I thought using the bow was going to hard (and it somewhat is), but it is not nearly as hard as it could be. I am thinking of creating a "scout" or "spy" like build (focusing on sneak, archery, lockpicks, and one handed combat). I might dual wield (again simple enough), but I am still lost on what penalties there are for what, what bonuses, and etc. Like, how much of sneak penalty am I getting in heavy armor? Should I be trying to outfit myself in light armor? Will the bonuses I saw you can get in stealth mitigate needing to downgrade? Will the speed of two weapons make the armor bonus of a shield less important?

Another question if anyone knows, what happens to a horse you buy when you go into somewhere you can't use it (like a city or dungeon)? Will it just come back to you?
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote