View Single Post
Old 04-10-2021, 08:06 AM   #1729
QuikSand
lolzcat

Okay, Ravens 2140, where are we?

QB Stancil retires after his unceremonious benching, that's fine. G Magniafico retires also, but I'm okay along the OL with a whole gaggle of B-minus caliber guys running around all thinking they're the "blind side" guy.

And we will need to decide whether we're actually building around the Rookie of the Year QB Cary Alfonso, who outperformed pick 1.1 but still was only a 78-rated passer. Nothing too thrilling there.

We are again toward the top of the "cap space" list, which is potentially useful. I...uhhh... do not see a WR1 on this roster, at this point. Pearson is in his 14th season and is, maybe, mirrorin Larry Fitzgerald IRL, he's the savvy veteran who goes and grabs the ball and runs it over to the line of scrimmage to save a second or two on the clock in our third down drill, but not a guy we want to "target" very much anymore. (JK, we'll likely throw 160+ his way again)

Defense has some growing to do, but I like some of the pieces was have in place. DE Cowdrick is a run stopper but managed 7.5 sacks - he should be rather good for a long time, and will complement our cheapass one-trick pass rusher ear-pinner types just fine. The LB corps is very nice, anchored by big money signing Dakota Patton but flooded with useful role players. The secondary is just getting acquainted, but I'm comfortable with the trajectory there as well.

This shouldn't be a five-year rebuild. Our fluke playoff run papered over the mini-depression, but for a "give away" year to still manage respectability was nice, and I suspect we can get back to .500 this season, with a key move here or there.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote