View Single Post
Old 08-30-2005, 10:52 PM   #838
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan
That post was a little more out of frustration than anything... but I do think there is something to be said for play like mine, with smart voting patterns, having a situation where I really should have won the game (if not for my own shortcomings). I think it may be just as hard to play the game flying low, though, as it is to pull off a big lie -- in fact, I thought of a half-dozen or so that I was SURE would be good plays, but just weren't worth the risk since nobody suspected me of anything.
The need for the big lie is dictated by circumstances. Dubb had reached a point where he needed to nail the mafioso in order for his protection ability to have a shot at blocking the winning kill, and he obviously judged that the best way to do that was to try to fool the turncoat into thinking that dubb (and not pennywise) was the mafia.

Sometimes the lie isn't needed... look at CW's win in Peregrine's WW game. Sometimes it is...

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote