Thread: Punishment Inc.
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2006, 07:50 PM   #423
PilotMan
Head Coach

Third week of January, 2008

Fight Night -

Well, we find out how Punishment Inc is going to start the new year tonight. There are two fights for us this week. You could call this the night of revenge for us. Hopefully, it will be. The first fight features Omar Acevedo in a rematch against Barney Ross. I fully expect him to be vindicated for the draw that he earned in his last match. Ross is a tough fighter, who is solid all around. His power is only average, but Omar’s chin is only average so he will still need to be careful. If Omar is going to win this fight he will need to be consistent. He cannot afford a lapse in any round. Ross is 73-7-5(22), while Omar is 7-2-1(2). Ross is a heavy favorite at 1/4, while odds on Omar are 3/1.

The second fight for us tonight is a big fight between Ismael Gutierrez and Artemio Hinojosa. Hinojosa is the only fighter to beat Gutierrez. Since that win, a little over a year ago, he has a record of 2-2-1(0). He has good defense, but his weakness is his lack of power, and he so-so chin. He was good enough to beat Ismael the first time around. My plan for Gutierrez is to be patient about going in. He doesn’t want to be an easy target, and I want him to look for opportunities to land big punches. I know that he will be going forward anyway. I just don’t want him to be open to a barrage of counterpunches. Hinojosa has a record of 8-4-4(1), while Gutierrez is 6-1-0(3). Hinojosa is the favorite at ½, while Ismael is at 7/4.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote