Thread: Punishment Inc.
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2006, 12:36 AM   #424
PilotMan
Head Coach

Here we go!

Omar Acevedo 7-2-1(2) v. Barney Ross 73-7-5(22)

This fight is scheduled for 8 rounds.

Omar is relaxed for this fight. He knows that he needs to be wary, but at the same time, he cannot relax too much. No real strategy for round one. Just fight his fight. It was a see saw round where it appeared that Acevedo’s jab and hook were going to be effective. Ross landed a number of punches. In the end it was hard to tell who really took the round.

Round two a couple of things became evident. Both men are good with the jab, and that this seems to be a personal fight. A lot of shoving and at time holding and hitting on the inside. Omar did a great job here with the jab. He stayed away when he needed to and really landed a couple of good flurries. He racked up a lot of points and didn’t get nearly what he gave. I will be leery though. The last fight looked like this too.

Round three was sloppy. Ross was holding a lot. A lot of punches missed by both men. Acevedo is landing the harder punches, but he just wasn’t busy enough for him to deserve to win the round. Ross is not able to land more than two punch combo’s while Omar seems to be loading up for the hooks and uppercuts. Omar is still in this fight. He needs to open a lead if he wants to open up offensively.

Round four Ross took charge. He landed a number of good punches and by the halfway point he had the round easily. Omar came back with a nice flurry of punches, but in the end, it appeared that Ross had clearly taken the round. I want Omar to move and use his accuracy advantage more. He needs to outpoint Ross. He can’t look for the KO, or he will get himself into trouble.

I told Omar to find the body more. He needed to go forward and land to the body to slow down Ross more. The plan worked very nice until the last :30 of the round. Ross landed a six punch combination and reeled Omar. I fear that with that, Ross stole the round.

The sixth was the best for Omar since the 2nd round. I told him it was time to attack. He has a good natural aggression and it helped him here. But I also told him I wanted it done carefully. He pressed Ross all over the ring, but it was an in and out pressure. He was not cautions about moving out of the way if he wasn’t landing. With Ross’ body still the primary target, Omar landed a lot of punches and easily won the round.

Round seven was more of the same for Omar. The attack from the 6th carried over here. He started with more hard punches to the body, and jabs to the head. Ross landed more here than he had in last round, but he was taking a beating. As the round progressed Ross became more desperate and Omar hit him with a driving combination. In the waning seconds of the round Ross was in all out cover up mode. The ref, which he failed to do in the first fight, recognized this and stopped the fight. Hell Yea!

The winner by TKO at 2:45 of round 7!

Omar Acevedo!

Omar did a fantastic job and took charge when he needed too. I applaud the ref for finally seeing the fight. A huge payday ensues from my bets on this fight. This fight will pay me 750k for the win! Not including the take from the purse. As an FYI, the judges had the fight like this:

J1: 57-57

J2: 57-57

J3: 58-57 Acevedo

I think that Omar would have won anyway, but I love making sure it happens for real.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote