Thread: Punishment Inc.
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2006, 12:42 PM   #441
PilotMan
Head Coach

First week of March, 2007

Fight Night -

Adam Napier got his groove back with a unanimous decision over Geronimo Solorio.

The new rankings are out. Here is where the fighters of Punishment Inc stand.

Melvin Horne (L) #3

Muhammad Ali (H) #6

Lawrence McFarlane (M) #6

Omar Acevedo (L) #29

Lee Drydon (FY) #58

Andreas Ruelas (M) #83

Ismael Gutierrez (LH) #93

Glenn Leeds (W) #113

Tomaki Watanabe (W) #146

This week Glen Leeds gets another opportunity to get his career on the right track. When Glenn first came here I saw the same potential that I saw in Lee Drydon. A guy with good skills that just needed a leg up in a business that was designed to suck the life out of guys so that the guys at the top could get theirs. I took him in, and he has been undefeated. However, he has only won once in three fights. He needs to find that winning feeling once again. He is fighting a journeymen in Jose Luis Garza. Garza fights often, and won two fights last year. He has only won five times in his 18 fight career. I expect that this will be an active four round fight where both men will have at it, and the last man standing will get the win. Leeds is a great puncher, and he should be able to land the lion’s share of the punches. Garza’s heel is his defense, or lack there of. He has a descent chin and has scored more KO’s than Leeds has in his career. Still, I have to believe that Glenn is going to get it done. His last fight was a draw with Virgen. A fighter that he clearly should have dominated. I know that I have felt that his time with us could be short, if he wants any shot to stay here, he needs to win this fight. Glenn is the favorite at 4/6, while Garza goes off at 5/4.

There is one, very big, important fight this week:

World Heavyweight Champion and Fighter of the Year Joe Louis 75-3-0(59) v. #3 Colin Dibble 28-4-1(14)

Louis has beaten everyone. Well....except my man Muhammad that is. He has been standing tall in the Heavyweight division, Having been the champ for two years now. This will be his 4th title defense. Dibble’s only loss over that time frame has been to Joe Frazier by KO in the 5th round. Dibble has been ranked in the top 10 for less than a year now. Louis is a favorite at 2/9 while Dibble is at 4/1. I really don’t think that Dibble has a chance at all.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote