Thread: Punishment Inc.
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 08:32 PM   #405
PilotMan
Head Coach

Last week of December, 2007

Fight Night -

Lee Drydon has the last fight of the year for Punishment Inc, and it will signal the end of the third year since I started this little venture. Drydon is facing Bert De Costo. De Costo is ranked lower, considered a way past his prime fighter, and hasn’t won a fight in over a year. Even though at one time he was a competitive fighter at in the flyweight division, he has now fallen far from grace. Drydon is hoping that he can be the one who will finally end the career of a fighter who should have ended it on his own a long time ago. I expect De Costo to attack from the opening bell. That was always his MO. He has good power, and good all around skills, however, his stamina and his chin are both in question.

I have been working with Lee on maximizing his skill in the ring. He still hasn’t shown the ability to go to the next level, although he is pretty highly ranked for a guy with only 10 fights. He is a power puncher, and I feel that he should take out De Costo. Fortunately for me, the voice of public opinion says that De Costo is the better fighter, and that he is going to win. Odds are with him in this one. He is favored at 2/5, while Drydon is at 11/5. I am going to bet the farm here. I feel very confident, and I know that Lee is in a much better place professionally than De Costo is right now.

National Fight of the week:

Former Bantamweight Champion #3 Xavier Firth 22-8-1(9) v. #4 Hiroshi Nagase 33-9-0(12)

Firth, while being a very talented fighter, and a very underrated champion for his time, is on a slide, and his opponent isn’t going to make life any easier for him. He has not won in two fights with Reyes, and his other fight was recorded as a draw (Sandro Macias). Nagase, is now ranked in the top 10 for the first time in his career. A long winding road and a current 4 fight win streak have gotten him here. He is not great at anything, but gets by with a little bit of everything. Firth is the favorite here, he has earned his spot at the top, but will Nagase be able to dethrone him? Firth 4/11, Nagase 12/5.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote