Thread: Punishment Inc.
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2005, 10:51 PM   #410
PilotMan
Head Coach

Here we go!

Lee Drydon 7-2-1(3) v. Bert De Costo 36-21-0(23)

This fight is scheduled for six rounds.

Round one is in the books, and it appeared to be a feeling out session for both fighters. Neither fighter looked especially good at any point in the round. Drydon jabbed well, but was unable to really land any serious punches. De Costo meanwhile, went to the body more, and moved better than a fighter his age should have. I still think that Lee won the round, but it was unimpressive.

I told Lee to keep using the jab and see what he could do with his right. Both men landed the jab well through the round, and De Costo proved that his strategy was to get inside and hold on. The ref was getting impatient and so was I. Drydon hit him with a big one-two that staggered him, but he stayed up. Toward the end of the round Drydon caught him coming in with another big one-two and this time he went down. Flat on his back all he could do was gaze up as the ref counted him out. This was the result that I expected, this is the result that I wanted.

Certainly, with the prefight odds the way they were, we did much more than just win a fight. I think that with the way the year has gone, the whole crew gets a night on the town at my expense. It has been a good year.

Xavier Firth and Hiroshi Nagase fought their way to a majority draw. Whoooopedeeedooo!

I have been propositioned for a rematch with Artemio Hinojosa for a fight in a couple of weeks. It is short notice, but Ismael is ready. It is the only fighter that he has lost too. A chance and redemption and a shot at a nice payday. They have already offered 242k to boost the purse. I know that he will likely be the underdog, but Hinojosa is quailty, and I still think that he can be beat by Ismael. I sign the fight.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote