Thread: NHL 21
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2020, 04:29 AM   #3
Icy
Pro Starter

I started a few days ago three different BAP players (C, LW, D) with the EA pass trial and I'm having blast so yesterday after I used the 10 trial hours I ended buying it.

Of course I'm not a hardcore hockey fan nor as knowledgeable as I'm in soccer or more typical sports in Spain, so I might not find some of the issues that others would, but I have been playing BAP and in the past EASHL for 10 years already and I must say this is the best version of BAP ever.

The interactions, while repetitive, add something so you are not just playing games but having objetives, trying to climb to to the top lines, etc. Your team mates are not stupid, they pass the puck, get open, rush the net, defend, etc, in fact I find the team mate AI much better than when you play BAP in FIFA.

It's not story driven but I prefer it, hate the stories in NBA2k where you are a badass street kid, as I don't feel identified at all with it and prefer to "write my own story". I think they have copied a lot from Road to the show, with similar off the record voice like in a documentary or radio speaker when you are having interactions instead of recorded actor voices.

Only thing I miss this year is being able to start as a 16 years old kid and play in the junior/minor leagues before you reach the NHL for a few seasons. You can start in the NHL directly, in Europe or in the North American leagues, but only in the playoffs and then you are drafted (after going through interviews with interested teams) and you are placed directly in the NHL roster.

Regarding other modes, I barely play them, but I have read that there are some franchise bugs.

Last edited by Icy : 10-23-2020 at 04:33 AM.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote