View Single Post
Old 03-13-2004, 01:19 AM   #199
TLK
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDancer
King, care to give us a run-down of the current lineup (team, driver, sponsor), and your thoughts of the car and the "appeal" they have to the series. CART has a big strike with Spike TV carrying all the races. Are they going to be live? What are the biggest "name" open-wheel drivers not hired right now left? Does CART need to maybe strike a deal with one of these drivers, maybe a Jacques Villeneuve? What are the operating costs of CART this year, and what are the top drivers paid in IRL/CART?

Ok, I'll do a full rundown of the current ChampCar line-up tomorrow, when I'm in a better state of mind Anyways, why do you thing that they have a strike against them because they're on Spike? Spike is carried on more systems then Speed where they were last year. Also, SPIKE will promote them more that Speed did. All races will be carried at 4 PM, no matter what time zone you're in. I think this is smart on Spike & ChampCar's part, because the viewer will always know when it's on...... Again, not going too deep into the field.... ChampCar needs to land Justin Wilson and Ralph Firman. Both raced in F-1 last year and are rumored to have ChampCar rides lined-up.... we'll see. Villeneuve will be sitting this year out, and (IMHO) won't ever race open-wheel again (I wouldn't put a Le-Mans ride out of the question though).....

Last edited by TLK : 03-13-2004 at 01:21 AM.
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote