View Single Post
Old 03-26-2005, 03:31 PM   #483
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

12 minute mark: D'Alessandro passes to Yakubu in the box.. hard shot.. Howard saves it.

18 minute mark; Eagles gets a yellow card for tripping Garcia on the left wing.

21 minute mark: Owens with a hard shot.. Howard blocks it.. D'Alessandro gets the rebound.. hard shot.. it bounces off Chivu.. right to Steven Gerrard just outside the box.. Gerrard with a hard curving shot.. it curves.. into the upper right corner of the net. GOAL. Down 1-0.

24 minute mark: Djemba passes to Rooney in the box.. he passes to McFadden.. hard shot.. over the bar.

30 minute mark: Mcfadden gets it at midfield.. dribbles past two defenders.. goes past another defender.. into the box.. fakes out the keeper.. has an open shot.. shoots.. Ciise gets back there and blocks the shot. He saved a goal for certain.

39 minute mark: Riise tackles Rooney.. stopping a breakaway.

42 minute mark: Owens with a long shot from 25 yards out.. Howard was out of position.. it sails towards the left side of the net.. bounces off the post.. GOAL. Down 2-0.

Halftime: Down 2-0. They have over 61,000 fans here.

Mr. Quieroz informs me that Chelsea is up over Reading 2-0. There is no chance we are going to win the title. I decide to pull Downing for Duff. I want to keep Downing fresh for the UEFA final in 4 days. I also pull Rooney for van Nistelrooy for the same reason.

48 minute mark: Howard stops a long shot by Duff.

54 minute mark: Ferdinand trips Yakubu in the box.. yellow card to Ferdinand.. Penalty shot awarded.. Valdo blasts the shot into the upper left corner of the net. GOAL. Down 3-0.

60 minute mark: Chelsea is now up over Reading 4-0. I don't try to put Adriano on for any heroics. I'll keep him rested for our UEFA final.

65 minute mark: Chivu tripped Yakubu in the box.. penalty shot awarded.. Valdo steps up.. blasts it into the right side of the net. GOAL. Down 4-0.

Game over. Rooney and Downing had 7's. Everyone else had 6's and played poorly. Howard had a 5.

We were outshot 14-4. (7-0 on target) I think the guys knew we weren't winning the title and were disillusioned.

Valdo won MoM, 15 of 18 passes, 2 of 7 tackles, 3 of 6 headers, 2 interceptions, 1 run, 2 goals.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote