View Single Post
Old 01-31-2020, 10:03 AM   #1
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Hit 'Em Straight! (a real life journal)

Following the footsteps of our very own Breeze and his fascinating story of his kids' journey through competitive swimming, I've decided to create my own journal about my daughter and her endeavor into the sport of golf. My goal for this journal, aside from providing an entertaining read, is to put in writing my thoughts and expectations about her game, posting her tournament scores, and recording any of her own insight she might happen to share with me.

Let's get right to it, shall we?

Name: Skye
Birthdate: March 2011

Description:
'Skye' is actually her second given name. She regularly goes by her first name, but I won't share it here for fear of any unwanted Google searches being directed here. She is a sweet little one, makes friends easily, and cares about them greatly. Sensitive... almost to a fault. She'll cry at any part of a movie whenever the antagonist gains the upper hand and the protagonist struggles. This is practically Every.Movie.Ever.

She's a creative and imaginative person. Loves to write stories, makes up her own lyrics and belts them out at the top of her lungs.

Athletic history:
Any American parent has some sort of aspiration for their kids in athletics. I'm no different. We've tried most, but none ever stuck. Soccer at age 4 ended when a little boy crashed into her during a running drill. Gymnastics/tumbling from age 4-5 went well, until I realized other kids were progressing while Skye just wanted to keep jumping into the foam pit. Dance/ballet didn't even get through the initial trial class.

Besides golf (which began at age 6), her most recent endeavor is volleyball this past year. She really enjoys volleyball, which I'm pleasantly surprised at, since she dislikes getting hit by flying spherical objects - a fear she shares with her mother. In fact, the reason she picked up golf so readily is that she is "the one hitting the ball, not the other way around."

So in December 2017, I took Skye to group lessons at a local golf course. She picked up her first club, hit her first ball, and instantly fell in love. It was by good fortune that her school has a golf team and she looks up to a pair of sisters (6th and 8th graders at the time) on the team. The sisters' parents suggested to me that Skye take lessons. If not for the school golf team, we would've never discovered the sport.

Last edited by AnalBumCover : 02-04-2020 at 08:47 AM.
AnalBumCover is offline   Reply With Quote