View Single Post
Old 09-14-2016, 12:13 PM   #805
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

General Update

So, I've been trying to help Brett coordinate some of these campus visits, and in the process I uncovered some of his writings. Below is something he was writing to a friend (I believe Mary Kate), and I think this gives you pretty good insight into who Brett is:

Ok...so i just read your rant on Instagram. And believe me I know how you feel, it sucks your life away. It becomes your life. you pour your heart and soul into it, and sometimes get nothing in return. It's so incredibly frustrating to watch all my Friends make all this amazing progress, while I seem to be sitting still. And sometimes I hate it, I just wanna quit. But I can't...it's the only thing I've ever known, it's where all of my friends are. Sure, I have Friends at school, but nothing like the ones at swim. And even though swim sucks sometimes, and it's hard and time consuming, think about all that It gives back to you. I'm not 100% certain, but I'm guessing that your much closer to your swim friends than school friends, seeing as how you hate Brittany. U and I have been swimming about the same amount of time...10..freaking...years. Think about all the memories that equals. It's insane...too many to think about. All of the laughs, funny stories , hard practices, embarrassing moments. It's uncountable. So instead of telling your kids you swam for 3 hours and could never do anything you wanted. Tell them that u got the opportunity to grow up around an amazing group, made up of people with good morals, who care about you. witch is why I'm sending you this. Because pretty soon, not tomorrow, next week, or even next year, I'm going to have to come to practice, only I wont have my bag with me, or a suit, or goggles. And instead of drylands, all the graduating seniors including me, will have to look at the best group of friends they could ask for, and say "see Ya later" for the last time. That's probably going to be the hardest thing I'll ever have to do...to look down at everything I had ever wanted sense 3rd grade, a group of the best friends imaginable, and throw it away. And now I'm afraid, that your going to choose to quit, and I'm going to have to say goodbye to a person I never wanted to say goodbye to, much earlier than I thought I would have to.

Last edited by Breeze : 09-14-2016 at 12:13 PM.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote