View Single Post
Old 10-28-2016, 08:36 AM   #815
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

So we signed all 3 kids up for the high school team, at $350/kid. That adds up really fast even before you have serious medical bills to deal with. We juggled around some money and bills and found the $1050 needed.

Today (10/28), we just got a call from the team treasurer (who is a CRC Summer League team parent). She told us that she explained our situation to the coach and they are going to refund us $350. They said they wanted to do something to help out and they had enough money to more than cover expenses. They also said we are the only family to have 3 kids on the team so they felt that the cost was pretty high when you have to pay for 3 at 1 time.

I'm completely blown away by this. I'd love to put into words how this feels, but the range of emotions is so broad I'm not sure it's possible. Obviously, there is gratitude, but it goes so much farther. I'm honored that they care enough to do this, but there is also a bit of, if not guilt or a feeling of being unworthy, something close to it. I've never been one to ask for help and it feels odd to have people just give it without solicitation.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote