View Single Post
Old 12-15-2016, 02:38 PM   #831
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Georgia Short Course Senior State Championships - RESULTS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bailey

#9 Womens 100 Yard Butterfly - 1:01.27 (Seeded 84th) - Not a greats swim but posted a 1:01.39...so just an eye blink off of her personal best. This gave me some hope she'd do better than her personal best in the 200 because she has been practicing harder than she did last year, and I felt she'd have more endurance for the longer race.

#17 Womens 200 Yard Butterfly - 2:13.79 (Seeded 44th) - Unfortunately, my prediction didn't come true...she had a poor race in the 200 adding 3 seconds to finish in a 2:16.31. Coach said she didn't take it out hard enough...I also think the double taper (last weekend and then again for this week) was too much.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bear

#38 Mens 1000 Yard Freestyle - 10:09.27 (Seeded T28th) - Pretty early it was obvious this wasn't going to be a good swim for Bear. I was having to shake the numbers early and often as he quickly fell off of his 60 second / 100 pacing. He finished with a pedestrian 10:22.69. The coach was very disappointed in this swim, stating that Bear had been doing really well in practice, and he was definitely tapered (maybe too tapered...coach is going to reevaluate how much rest to give Bear). He also said Bear appeared to be thinking too much, trying to use perfect technique when he should have been racing. In hindsight, I should have expected this result. In order to go sub 10 minutes in this race he needs to be going sub 5 in the 500 and he's not. He's going 5:03 range. He's going to need to start attacking more in the 500s and get his confidence up. It has now been a while since Bear had a good distance swim. The long course season was ok, but nowhere near what he wanted to accomplish. It'll be interesting to he what he does to refocus his efforts.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote